Friday I scheduled time with an instructor and the flight school’s Piper Arrow to begin working on my complex endorsement, a requirement for the Commercial Pilot Rating. The weather looked great when I headed to the airport, but after an hour of ground school for the airplane some dark clouds started rolling in. We did some more ground school on preflight procedures and the weather continued to deteriorate, with thunder beginning to rumble. The storm was within about 20 miles, which is a little too close for my comfort zone even if we were going to stay in the pattern, so we went back inside for more ground school. We decided to err on the side of caution and save the flight for another day. I was disappointed because I was really looking forward to flying, but it was still time well spent because the ground school was required anyway.
I am really looking forward to getting my complex endorsement and flying in that Arrow!!